French Flea Wrap-Up and Keepin' It Real

Oh. My. Goodness. As you all know the past few weeks have been a whirlwind of painting, distressing, sanding, washing, folding, singing, reading, shopping. Absolutely mad. 

I am completely exhausted. Literally.  BUT I have to share some pics with you from this weekend's adventure! It was absolutely amazing! Not only did everything make it into my space the way I wanted (well, almost) but I was so pleased with the way it looked. Now, you have to understand...this, in no way, is bragging on my part. Not for a moment. 

I must give a big shout out and thank you to Haley's Cottage for putting together such a well crafted market full of this area's finest vendors, junkers, refurbers. 

I am already planning for next year. Amazing. 


Photo

I was so freaked out by the thought of merchandising my space and making sure that everything was displayed properly and that my space spoke to the character of what Restoration House is. I believe that I accomplished what I set out to do...I really wanted shoppers to walk into my space and not only see the transformations that had taken place but feel them also. 



Photo: Restoration House @ A French Inspire Flea http://instagr.am/p/Mz5VoexpdE/

You have to understand. I am in the land of JUNKIN here and have been so intimidated by those in this business but it seems that the intimidation lit a fire of inspiration and determination to do bigger and better things for Restoration House. 

Photo: Restoration House http://instagr.am/p/Mz4tEJxpcz/

I decided that, no matter what, I have to remember that my goals, talents and gifts are just that. Mine. I have to choose to focus on that when I get anxious about others being "better" than me or feeling like what I do isn't good enough. 

Photo: Union Jack Love...more pics from our French Inspired Market today!  Thanks again to friends who came to support, those who texted, and those who prayed and thought of me...it was an amazing show and had such a fun time! Thanks, also, to Denise Salomon Primc and Tina Ramirez...love you guys! Wouldn't have been able to do it without you!

The honest truth is that I have been so encouraged and felt so inspired by those around me. I don't have to worry about not being good enough or measuring up to anyone's standards. I am still learning a lot about this business and how I can run things a bit more smoothly but I am loving every minute of it. 

Photo

The bottom line is that I am doing this {1} because it is a gift from God and a passion that runs deep within every part of my being {2} because I absolutely LOVE the process...the process of restoration, physically and spiritually speaking and {3} because it absolutely drives me to give and serve others and the fact that I get to use my gifts and talents to do so, well, it's the ultimate "high". 



Didn't mean to get all deep on you guys this early in the week! Just felt the need to share. 


Hope you all enjoyed the pics from this weekend and the brief heart-to-heart. 

Happy, happy Monday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre