Perfect, Fun...

A few years back my husband and I decided to enrich our relationship and marriage by joining a small group called "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage" by Mark Gungor. We've since participated in this particular group once more to refresh all the things we "learned" from our first experience.

If any of you are familiar with Mark Gungor and his teachings, you know that he's hilarious. He adds humor and wit to his lessons and still manages to drive home the point. The course changed THE COURSE of our marriage at a time when we needed it most.

Now, I know some of you are wondering if this is a plug for Gungor and his packages. It is not. Stick with me here...

At the end of the course, Mark encourages participants to log onto his site and take a personality test called The Flag Page. Now, if you're like me, you've taken a bazillion of these things. Admittedly, I was a little leary about taking this one but I thought I would give it a shot. It was worth it. This was one of the most in depth personality tests I have taken and it was "spot on" to boot! 

Turns out I am from the lands of PERFECT and FUN. According to the results, I pay close attention to detail, think deeply about issues and passionately pursue the "right path. I am highly sensitive to others' feelings, energetic and loaded with enthusiasm. 

Of course, the results go into more detail but I'll spare you those and get to the point. 

If you follow me, you'll notice that it has been weeks since my last post. 

Our lives have been full of new schedules, changes and transitions as I am sure MANY of you out there can relate to. 

From having an 8 month old who barely sleeps through the night, three other kiddos who have all sorts of extracurricular activities, supporting my hubby in all of his work endeavors, running the household and attempting to run a business...well, it's enough to make one's head spin. 

It seems as though taking care of all of those things and waiting on that PERFECT moment when my garage was "just so" or my house was "perfectly organized" or when things slow down or come to a screeching halt would be just enough of a slow pace for the FUN of writing HERE and sharing my heart with all of YOU. 

Well, as you also know...life is not, nor will it ever be PERFECT. It's time for fun...now. It's time to live...now. It's time to write, share, blog, paint, sand, laugh, fill in the blank...NOW. 

Sure I have priorities, we all do. But I guess what I'm saying is that you can't let PERFECTION become the PRIORITY. Where's the fun in that?


Living a blessed, full and fun life...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre