Hold My Hand Tighter...

*I'd set this post to run on Thursday morning but my auto scheduling somehow didn't post so, instead, I am sharing today. Enjoy!*

I am certain that God uses our kids to grow us into who He has created us to be. Last week was no different for me when I was out shopping with our 4 year old. 

We've always taught our kids to hold our hands in the parking lot and when younger, it's second nature for them. We normally don't have to ask them, it's like a knee jerk reaction whenever we prepare to walk into a parking lot whether coming from or going to our own car. 

As we began to walk toward our car, Logan, my four year old, grabbed my hand. As we got closer to the car, he squeezed my hand tightly, look up at me and said, "Mommy, could you hold my hand a little tighter, please?" 

Honestly, I wasn't sure why he would ask me to hold  his hand tighter than I already was. Was it that he was afraid that if I let go too soon that he would be in danger? Or, did he simply just love me so much that he wanted me to hold on just a little longer? 

I finally asked why he needed me to hold on to his hands tighter. He began to explain, "Sometimes I want to let go and run in the parking lot. I need you to hold my hand tighter so I don't let go." 

Whoa. Now, that was a profound statement from my son. 

Later on that evening I began to ponder what that really meant. Now, naturally, I know that our kids need and seek healthy boundaries in their lives. They need to know that they are safe, loved and secure in order to grow into the amazing world changers God has created them to be. I totally get that. 

I couldn't, however, stop comparing what happened earlier that day to my very own relationship with my Creator. 

Like my son, sometimes I just need God to hold my hand a little tighter. I just need to feel Him. Just need to be reminded that He's there and that He's looking out for me. 

Now, don't get me wrong...I mean, I KNOW God is always there. Always looking out for my best. But, sometimes I just need to be reminded. 

Sometimes when life feels a bit overwhelming. 

When I cannot make a decision.

When I don't want to do something He has called me to do just because I am afraid. 

When all seems chaotic, crazy and I'm just a little...frazzled.

I'll think about that walk across the parking lot with Logan...

And I'll ask God to hold my hand just a little tighter. 


xoxo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre