Take a Breather...

Believe it or not, I began writing this post over a month and a half ago... a few weeks after the New Year.

Funny, 'cause writing for the blog more consistently was actually one of my resolutions.

Looks like I already missed the mark there.

Honestly, I really am okay with that and I believe God has a sense of humor. Apparently NOW is the right time for THIS post. Enjoy.

*******

 And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He *said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”
 
-Revelation 21:5
 
 
This time of year brings many new ways of thinking, living, and just plain ol' BEING for most of us. We feel revived and refreshed and ready to essentially take on the world in many areas of our lives. This time of year can also drum up all sorts of emotions.
 
We find new time to go to the gym. We change our diets. We make time for old friends.
 
I really find it quite interesting how just the idea of a new beginning, the first month of twelve, can foster desires in all of us to make things new.

As I was standing in the kitchen, washing dishes and looking out the window {picture it...I get some pretty deep revelations at that sink}, I began to think about the year to come.

Did I have any lofty goals? Anything I wanted to achieve personally, spiritually? Any new relationships or old ones that I wanted to dedicate time to? What about my kids? My husband? They could always use more time with me and more of my heart.

The longer I thought, the more I came up with nothing that seemed to compare to my overwhelming need to spend more time in His Word, with Him and just be about Kingdom business altogether. I realize that not only is that important for THIS year but for the rest of my life.

I just couldn't get away from that thought and frankly, I don't want to.

Thank you, Holy Spirit.

Now, I know, I know...we're moms, career women, crafters, DIYers, fitness enthusiasts, fill in the blank...and I know that we can  and need to make time to schedule those things that feed our soul.

But, for me and likely many of you out there,  it's really all about perspective.

Each and every moment, even in those soul filling times, is a moment to let God make all things new my life. In your life...

So, how are you doing so far? Have you met your mark or missed it?

May I offer you a bit of reprieve? A bit of encouragement to settle your soul?

If you haven't met your goals, checked that last thing off of your fitness list, or painted that piece of furniture that's been sitting in your garage for 6 months (eh hmm)...guess what?

It is NOT in your strength that you do anything but it is HE who works IN you and through you to accomplish His glory-filled purpose in YOUR life. It's an amazing symphony of harmonious motion when you allow Him to be who He is meant to be in your life.

I am reminded...

[Not in your own strength] for it is GOd who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight. (Amplified Bible)
 
-Philippians 2:13

My prayer for you today is that you sit back, feel His love, experience His presence, let His wind blow and...


...take. a. breather.

#aaaaahhhhh




 Learning how to breathe right along with you,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre