Rubelli in Milan


Inside a courtyard in the “old money” district of Milan there is, in a XVIII century building, the Rubelli showroom, just the architectural details are worth a visit but when you enter you are also fascinated by the exquisite beauty of their textiles.


I Saloni 2010 487




I Saloni 2010 490
The reception area with a magnificent Murano chandelier in the 1930’s style.




I Saloni 2010 494





I Saloni 2010 492
An area is reserved for Donghia, now belonging to Rubelli, collection of furniture, accessories and textiles. All Donghia lamps are manufactured on the tiny island of Murano, in the Venetian lagoon by the best local artisans.

I Saloni 2010 493
This particular table was also displayed at the Furniture Fair 2010. I always loved the center pedestal for a dining table, instead of legs, which can create problems at times with the arrangements of chairs.



I Saloni 2010 491




I Saloni 2010 489

Looking up you can be mesmerized by the affreschi on the ceiling.


I Saloni 2010 486
Looking down you can admire the beauty of the marble floor ,Venetian style.



I Saloni 2010 488
Even the windows lead to a beautiful view of a private garden.


Needless to say, as in Venice, I was enchanted not only by the extraordinary textiles but also by the appropriately stunning location.


Photography by Albarosa Simonetti

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre