Rugs and more rugs

One of the things I really admired during the Design Week in Milan was the variety of rugs exhibited at the Fair and around the city in different installations.
Here are just a few examples:

I Saloni 2010 066

I+I Rugs

I Saloni 2010 068

Paolo Giordano from I + I creates new rugs with traditional patterns, a clever mix of old and new.

I Saloni 2010 293



I Saloni 2010 072
A different, whimsical shape for Patricia Urquiola’s rugs.


I Saloni 2010 290
The look of an antique rug for a contemporary one at Moroso’s showroom.



11_b_ospitiinattesi[1]
An extravagant rug by Luca Nichetto for Nodus, the different pieces are tied together with several short ribbons so I guess they can be composed in different shapes and sizes.


I Saloni 2010 371
An explosion of colors and patterns.



I Saloni 2010 394
And talking about color of course Missoni (more on the brand new Missoni Home Milanese showroom in a future post) who this year has chosen a pattern of Pixels for some creations, quite appropriate for the digital time we are in.
A rug creates and defines a space and can enhance any interior, making it more luxurious or just more comfortable, colorful and elegant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre