DIMORÆ


Dimora is a Latin term meaning home and its plural DIMORÆ became the name of an Interior design firm and unique showroom in a very elegant part of Milan; the moment you enter from the old courtyard you feel you are in a home of a wealthy family. It is in fact located in an eight-room apartment and it is furnished mostly in the French style of the 19th century.

2010 430
Here you can find antique furniture, accessories, art, lighting and everything is displayed with great taste and flair by the owners, two creative Milanese ladies who have always been passionate about interior decoration and decided to open this venue in 1990.
I love to visit this place every time I am in Milan and I am sure you will also enjoy to virtually visit it with me today.
2010 423

2010 420

2010 426 
I find this delicate chair irresistible.

2010 419

2010 429

2010 421 
Beautiful gifts.

2010 427

2010 431
I love this desk and it would be great also with a contemporary chair and lamp.
Tables completed with linens, china, flatware and decorations are everywhere and so enchanting you wish you could buy everything on site to reproduce the setting at home.

2010 063

2010 417

2010 415

Lighting is a special passion of the owners who recently published a gorgeous book titled "Adorning Light" born from the idea of offering a varied view of the art of domestic light. I may write more about this, since I found the book fascinating and full of inspiring ideas.

 2010 428

2010 424
If you are in Milan a visit to this "home" is a must, besides it is just across the gorgeous church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, where you can admire "The Last Supper" by Leonardo da Vinci. 

Is there a better way to spend an afternoon?

Photography ©  Albarosa Simonetti

If you receive this post by Email and wish to leave a comment please click on my Blog, I will be happy to read what you think about this store.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre