And the Award goes to…

  
Do you know Claudia Juestel of Adeeni Design? She is a great designer, editor and  blogger from San Francisco and I invite you to know her better through her Blog, where you’ll find “Tea with Claudia” featuring interesting interviews, the latest with Kyle Bunting, great stories and what also intrigues me, frequent referral to European culture, being Claudia from Salzburg and I from Milan, two cities not far away. 
Now back to the title:
She was so kind to nominate my blog on The Stylish Blogger Award and I am honored and grateful, being in the company of extraordinary bloggers and designers.

Seven images of what I consider style true to itself:

Estate 2009 208
Ischia, under a pergola a set of 1950's chairs


Estate 2009 117
Macerata, geraniums in terracotta pots and a spectacular view

2010 460
Milan, vintage chairs and a chandelier made of recycled glass shades


Estate 2009 492
Milan, an Ikea lamp and an antique lacquered Chinese table


2010 256
Venice, an antique bookcase, vintage objects and art books


2010 357 
Milan, in a XIX century building a sleek set for an icon of style

49780015
Grado, VI century, the Romanic style church
Seven  quotes by great personalities:
1) Only great minds can afford a simple style. Stendhal
2) Fashion fades, only style remains the same. Coco Chanel
3) When we see a natural style, we are astonished and charmed; for we expected to see an author, and we find a person. Blaise Pascal
4) Style is knowing who you are, what to say, and not giving a damn. Gore Vidal
5) Oh, never mind the fashion. When one has a style of one's own, it is always twenty times better. Margaret Oliphant
6) He has found his style, when he cannot do otherwise. Paul Klee
Finally a controversial quote on style:
7) Style is a fraud. I always felt the Greeks were hiding behind their columns. Willem De Kooning

Now it is my turn to choose and …The Stylish Blogger Award goes to…
Grant K. Gibson: who I follow from the beginning of my life as a blogger and who I have seen blooming exponentially.
Patricia Gray: for her fabulous blog and for pushing me in the blogosphere when I did not even know how to spell “blog”.
Ivan Meade: for the fresh approach to design, his weekly eye candies and for the intriguing interviews to top designers.
Vicente Wolf: who I had the great pleasure to meet recently and whose blog I follow to learn everything I can from a master designer.

I hope they can share their 7 thoughts on style with us!
Believe me, I have so many more names in my mind, some were already nominated, but for now I need to refrain myself.

Images© in color by Albarosa Simonetti
If you receive this post by Email and wish to leave a comment please click HERE and go to the comments section.
I love to hear from you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre