A Love Story...

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it's yours forever." -UNKNOWN
This seems to be true in the case of my love for all things JUNK and my passion for all things chippy and lovely. 

If you've followed my blog for some time (thank you, BTW), then you've read about my love for old things. Shabby. Chic. French. Distressed. I LOVE it all...

After months of traveling and moving we are finally settled here in our new home in Seattle,WA. After being in HI (which was a great place to be and not because of the weather) being here is like a breath of fresh air.

"Why is that?", you say. Well, it's like a junker's heaven here. From Ruffles and Rust to Snohomish antique shoppes. From Haystack to The Classic Farmhouse to Haley's Cottage

I am LITERALLY in heaven!!! And while I am still learning the junking ropes and hoping for some junkin' mentors along the way, I am enjoying the ride. 

Along the way, thanks to "the bug" I've picked up a few yummy pieces. 


Like this...
BEFORE
An old pine dresser...
                       Oh, this one was just screamin' for a rescue! And, boy, did I answer the call!                                                       
DURING
The process...

BEFORE
Cedar Chest...worn and lots of  love marks

AFTER
Restoration House delivers...(disregard the bad pics and books!)

AFTER
The first of many pieces in my living room...






BEFORE

Yucky Dresser Top with Cup Rings

AFTER





Okay, so did anyone notice in the above pic that the dresser looks a little two-toned? Ummmm....well, a confession...IT'S NOT FINISHED! I know, I know...I just couldn't wait to take the pics and post it. This piece kinda scared me in the middle of the process. 


I really didn't think I was going to like it. BUT...I. LOVE. IT. That is...I will once it's complete! 


You may also notice that some of those pics are a little out of order. Well, that's because my blogger skills are quite a bit rusty after not blogging enough for such along time. Go ahead...you can laugh. I won't be offended. :)


Linkin up with:



Furniture Feature Fridays

ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 41


Transformation Thursday

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Redoux

monogram

The Shabby Nest

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre