It Feels Great

Okay, so I mentioned in my last post that it's been a really long time since I've been able to "pour" myself into making my house a home and how exciting it is to be able to do so!

After 10 years of military life, our family is finally settling into the civilian world and IT. FEELS. GREAT. Not only because our kids will have a home to call their own even after three years of living here but also because I now get to make my house feel more like a home.

I can finally sink in, plant roots and cozy up the place without feeling the overwhelming sensation of the temporary life that belongs to so many military families across the country and world. Don't get me wrong, military life wasn't all bad by any means. There were so many great opportunities and friendships we were afforded through the benefit of being military. However, just like everything else, it had its downfalls and negatives and we just felt like those began to outweigh the benefits more. And so...after much prayer, tears and even laughter...here. we. are. And here we go...

In the next few weeks (and maybe even months), you will listen to me share this new season that God has brought us into and,specifically, how making our house a home involves more than just aesthetics. And while I know that God has given me a gift and a passion for the restoration of old things, He is the One who  makes ALL things new! For that, I am thankful!  

So, grab your favorite blanket or sweater and a warm mug of hot chocolate, coffee or tea and snuggle up for  a freshly brewed cup of inspiration. 

So, with all of  that being said, some of you asked what colors I used on the pieces from my last post. Well, here ya go! 

Dresser turned Media Stand: Sherwin Williams, Annie Sloan Dark Wax

Cedar Chest turned Coffee Table: Annie Sloan Cream, AS Clear Wax

Dresser turned Entry Table: Annie Sloan Cream, Annie Sloan Clear Wax

And here's my latest project...again, for my house. 


IMG_0582
BEFORE
 This is by no means in horrible condition with the exception of a few scrapes and scratches on the top

I am attempting to put our living room together and it's coming together quite nicely. I am learning to take my time in decorating my own home and not feel so anxious about getting things done. Anyone else feel that way? Like you just have to put all together in a snap?? 

Well, I don't really have a choice in the matter since finding pillows for my sofa seems to be like finding a needle in a haystack! But....I digress...back to the table.

I really liked it. Had good bones. Only $30 and just the size I needed as an occasional table beside our sofa. So, just like any savvy shopper...I grabbed it and began to dream up all the wonderful and yummy colors and finishes I could give it.

This is what I came up with...

IMG_0606


IMG_0608

IMG_0605

What do you think? I just love it and think it fits in so well with what I want the room to feel like. A little formal. A lotta cozy. And a lot of chippy.

I'll be revealing more of our living room in weeks to come...stay tuned! 

p.s. For those of you wondering, I used SW Jogging Path for the main parts of this table and Dover White for the accents. ;)

LINKIN UP WITH:

{Primp}


The Thrifty Home Refinished Furniture Party



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre