Thoughtful Thursdays: Passionately Pursuing His Presence. What to do While You Wait.

What are you passionate about? What drives you? Brings you to life?

For me, there's nothing like a good design magazine and a warm mug of coffee or tea to begin or end the day. Or, walking into a 3,000 square foot warehouse full or fabric and finishing details to take that design project over the top.

But, for the past few months I've been thinking. A lot.

"Kennesha, what REALLY drives you?" "What REALLY gives you that passion for color, symmetry, design and pattern?" "WHO has given you that keen eye for design, the refinishing of furniture and adding just the right detail in just the right spot?"

Truth is. I've forgotten.

And there is nothing like the Holy Spirit to gently remind you, love you, woo you into a place where you are once again reminded...

To ask yourself...

What are you passionately pursuing?

In a culture that tells us to "follow your dreams", "do what your heart feels", "listen to that inner voice" I feel ever so compelled in this season to focus not on what others are doing with their businesses or life but rather to place my attention on pursuing those dreams and desires that God placed on MY heart.

Don't misinterpret. I am NOT saying that pursuing these things are bad. Of course I'm not. I, of all people, love the industry and all the things design, DIY, refurb.

What I am simply saying is that, for me, it cannot be the focus of my life. And in some ways, if I am honest, it has been.

This is what I know:
If I put Him first in my life. Always. He will direct my steps according to His purpose for my life {Matthew 6:33}

If I TRUST Him with my life. He will handle the rest. {Proverbs 3:5-6}

Meanwhile, He is all the while working in my favor to perform GOOD works for His glory. Can't beat that.

So what do I do while I wait for those dreams and desires to manifest? I passionately pursue the things of Christ. I passionately pursue His presence...for without it, I can do nothing.

With it, I am empowered and inspired to make a difference in this world whether it be through a simple blog post, a brush stroke of paint onto a piece of forgotten furniture, or just sit back, relax and soak in His presence.

xoxoxoxo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Home Loan

 
Copyright © 2013. liztre